We answer your questions:
Tel.: +49 (0) 71 95-13 69 0
The Leakage Tester
Differential pressure leak testing provides accurate measuring results and can be easily integrated into most automated systems.
Compressed air is used as test medium resulting in low operating costs and freedom from contamination.
Because of the low viscosity air quickly penetrates porosity or other leakages. Cleaning and drying of previously tested parts, as well as corrosion protection, is not required.
As for all pressure leak test systems leak free test fixtures and related components are required.
The functionality of the tester
Automation of the workplace nowadays have to be realized even in quality assurance and the equipment used. To test production parts for leakage, it is necessary to integrate the leak test in the manufacturing process.
Important features of the LEAK TESTER 3925-0060 are:
- automatic control cycle
- storage of test programs
- contamination free test
- reproducible measuring results
- short cycle times with high accuracy
- unambiguous results
- measured value display
- programmable test pressures and test times to suit testing to the production of many different components
- user friendly operation with interactive user guidance
- modular design concept for ease of maintenance and service
The operating principle is based on measuring the pressure change between a sealed test part and a sealed reference volume within a given measuring time. The core of the measuring system consists of a differential pressure transducer with automatic zero-point correction.
A write-protect key switch ensures data security. Data can be read but not modified by the operator.
Machine control systems are able to communicate with the leak tester via the standard parallel (discrete I/O) interface or various other optional interfaces.
A serial interface is available to connect the leak tester with a computer or printer. Other optional protocols are available (see technical data).
- heavy-duty, robust diferential pressure transducer
• overload protection to 150 bar/g
• temperature compensated
• easy to maintain
- microprocessor controlled electronic pressure regulator for filling and test pressure
- pneumatic controlled shut-off valve to eliminate tmeperatur influence
- function monitoring
- optional leak simulation with precision needle valve for the connection of an external leak calibrator (available as optional accessory)
- modular design microprocessor system
- battery buffered RAM for data protection
- alphanumeric keypad
- 5 inch color display
- write-protect key switch to prevent unauthorized program changes
- error message as plain text
- menu guided programming and adjustment of parameters
- various interface ports to communicate with control systems (see technical data)
|Program storage:||Battery buffered RAM|
|Measuring sensor:||Temperature compensated transducer for differential pressure, overload protection 150 bar/g|
|Display:||5 inch color liquid crystal display, 320x240 Pixel|
|Measuring range:||0 ... 2,000 Pa,
others on request
|Resolution:||1 Pa, by means of high resolution
SigmaDelta A/D converter, 1 converter per channel
|Results in:||Pa; mm WC; mbar; psi; mm HG, ml/min|
|Test programs:||up to 99|
|Filling and test Pressure:||electronic pressure control with tolerance montotring
-1.0 ... 0 bar/g; -0.7 ... -0.1 bar/g;
0.1 ... 1.0 bar/g; 0.15 ... 2.5 bar/g;
0.2 ... 6.0 bar/g; 0.5 ... 10.0 bar/g;
0.5 ... 12 bar/g
(others on request)
|Test parameters:||Filling pressure ... bar
Test pressure ... bar
Filling time 0.1 ... 999.9 s
Compensation time 0.1 ... 999.9 s
Measuring time 0.1 ... 999.9 s
Rework limit ...
Reject limit ...
Consecutive rejects limit
|Write protection:||Key switch|
Leak simulation ON
|Test data storage||Up to 8,000 tests (internal battery buffered RAM)
for larger data storage use front connection for external USB storage stick
optional larger internal memory is available
1 parallel control I/O port
24 V DC; 500 mA
short circuit proof
1 Bit Ready to operate
1 Bit Ready to test
1 Bit Error
1 Bit Accept
1 Bit Rework
1 Bit Reject
1 Bit Measuring
1x Serial Port RS 232 port or USB 2.0 for transfer of parameters, test results and counter readings.
1x USB 2.0 for transfer of parameters, test results and counter readings.
Optional Bus Interfaces:
|Housing:||19" rack mount case, 3 HU|
|Dimensions:||165 x 590 x 420 mm (H x W x D)|
|Power supply:||115 /230 V ± 10% 50 ... 60 Hz|
|Power consumption:||Approx. 100 VA|
|Air supply:||Test air: 1.5 bar > max. test pressure
Control air: max. 10 bar/g
filtered, dry and oil-free
|Pneumatic ports:||Air supply G1/4",
optional test medium port G1/4"
Test port G 1/8",
Reference port G 1/8”
Venting (through air silencer) G 1/4"
|Weight:||Approx. 15 kg|
|Standard accessories:||Power cord, approx. 2.5 m long,
Spare key for write protection
|Specifications and technical data are subject to change without notice.|